So why is water so important to the body?
- Weight Loss-Probably the main reason anyone would increase their water intake. Water has no fat, no sugar, no, carbs, no calories…should I keep going? Water is also an appetite suppressant, so before you grab for that snack drink a glass of water. You might just be thirsty.
- TIP: Drink 1 glass of water before each meal to minimize appetite.
- Energy-Dehydration zaps your energy! It can make you feel sluggish, weak, or dizzy. When you feel thirsty you’re already dehydrated. Chapped lips-you got it dehydration!
- TIP: Drink 2 glasses of water when you wake up to jump start your internal organs.
- Headache Prevention/Cure: I am so prone to headaches and its not even funny! Mainly because of not drinking enough water, I’m guilty too!! Drink your water and you never know those headaches might disappear too.
- TIP: Drink 1 glass of water before taking a shower to. lower blood pressure.
- Beautiful Skin– Ok who doesn’t want beautiful skin and guys it’s not just a girl thing! Water helps clear up skin and give you that natural glow.
- TIP: Try increasing your water intake over a week and watch the magic happen.
- Digestive Health– Everyone poops and if you aren’t pooping try increasing your water intake. haha Water can help cure stomach acid problems and constipation.
- TIP: Buy a fun water bottle it will encourage you to drink more water. Plus its green!! Adding fruit especially lemons can make water more fun if you love your juice like me!
- Kidney Health: Water flushes toxins and waste from the body. The more water you drink the better your kidneys will function.
- TIP: Find an app that will remind you to drink water or track your intake for you. I use Drink Water Reminder: Daily Hydration Tracker. Its apple watch friendly! Try it out.
- Better Workout: Being dehydrated can seriously tamper your workouts. It can slow you down and just make your workout 10x harder!
- Tip: Drink water 2 hours prior to your workout, during and after for the best results.
So now that we know so much about water we can start increasing our intake together. Try some of my tips and tricks and even comment below if you have your own!