Recovery!!! Working in physical therapy I can’t explain the importance of incorporating recovery into your workout plan. 29.3% of injuries are caused by overuse. I am even included in that percentage! In my previous posts I’ve mentioned stress fractures, peroneal tendonitis, it band syndrom, and runners knee. All of these from overuse and not using my tools to reward my muscles. ALL ARE PREVENTABLE!!!
1. Don’t underestimate the power of sleep. Try for at least 8 hours. 😴
2. Roll out sore muscles with a foam roll. I know it hurts!!!
3. Hydrate hydrate hydrate 💦
4. Stretch everyday to break up that lactic acid and keep muscles loose
5. Don’t go into a workout cold warm up for at least 5-10 minutes.
6. Cool down exercises are key! Don’t shock your muscles and just stop ✋
7. Finally don’t forget your vitamins! Vitamin C aids in collagen production and repairs damages to tendons and ligaments aka soreness. 🍓🍅🍊
What do you guys do to prevent injury and recover from your workouts! Comment below 👇🏻